APOLOGETICS SESSION 20
Appendix: Cults and Other Religions are False
- What makes Christianity different?
- Any other comments or discussion from this short video?
- Ravi is asked the question: "Aren't all religions just the same? And isn't Jesus just one of the many prophets?" How would you summarize his answer?
- Ravi says that all religions cannot be true. Do you agree? Explain.
- Ravi says that all the major world religions are all exclusive in their claims. What does he mean by that? Do you agree?
- "Aren't all religions fundamentally the same and superficially different? No - they are fundamentally different and at best they are superficially similar." What are some of the reasons Ravi gives to support this statement?
- What would you say is a good summary of Ravi's answer to the question: "How do you know that Christianity is the one true worldview?
- Anything else stand out to you from this short video?
- What would you say is Piper's main point in this short video?
- Would you say that it is hard for Christians these days to say that Jesus is the ONLY way to God? Why/why not?
- Would you say that it is hard for YOU these days to say that Jesus is the ONLY way to God? Why/why not?
- How should we talk to someone of another faith? Why?
- Is this true by your experience? Explain.
Four Point Case for Christianity
- Point #1: Does truth exist?
- Point #2: Does God exist?
- Point #3: Are miracles possible?
- Point #4: Do the New Testament documents tell us the truth about history?
- Do you think this is a strong four-point case for Christianity? Explain.
- Which if these do you think are most challenged by our culture today?
- Do you think these four points could be helpful in evangelism? Explain.
- Any other comments/questions from this video?
- What stood out to you most from this session/discussion?
- Closing thoughts/comments?