Science and the Bible
‘Men became scientific because they expected Law in Nature, and they expected Law in Nature because they believed in a Legislator. In most modern scientists this belief has died: it will be interesting to see how long their confidence in uniformity survives it. Two significant developments have already appeared—the hypothesis of a lawless sub-nature, and the surrender of the claim that science is true. We may be living nearer than we suppose to the end of the Scientific Age.’
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this video?
- Discuss the following quotes: What is the point of each in your own words?
- "I only believe what can be proven." (What is the problem with this for the Historian?)
- "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
- "The laws of physics themselves demand an explanation. Nature itself requires an explanation."
- "Science is not equipped to answer some questions."