- What language was the New Testament written in?
- In the year 1516 A.D., the first Bible was printed on a printing press; how were copies of the Bible made before that? Why is this significant?
- Do we have the original manuscript (autograph) of any books of the Bible? Is that a good thing or a bad thing according to Piper? Explain.
- We have an abundance of manuscripts (copies) of the New Testament books. Why is this significant?
- How does the number of manuscripts we have of the Bible compare to those of other ancient books? Why is this important
- "The more you manuscripts you have, the more you can test which is the original." How is this true?
"You and I should be very thankful that in God's sovereign providence over the centuries, these thousands and thousands of manuscripts are so abundant today - that in the science of textual criticism, as they are compared one with the other, there is a high degree of certainty that we have the original wording. And were there isn't a degree of certainty, it affects no doctrine of the Christian faith." -John Piper